Irene Rubinsky, YT Program Manager
Teen Company is an elite training and performance program for intermediate/advanced dancers ages 11-17 (18 if in high school). It is a higher level of commitment and study hours with required training in four courses and one two-hour company class per week for the school year. Train more and receive a discount for each additional course enrolled. Dancers choose the courses they want to study, one ballet course required, from our 2019-2020 schedule.
EDGEPAC is known for its professional training. Our amazing teachers and multi-style approach give dancers the experience and strength they need to take their dance to the next level.
Company class includes special technique classes and rehearsals for the yearly production numbers. Its one-on-one setting with some of EDGEPAC’s best teachers emphasize performance and expression for stage, television and film.
Perform in our In-Studio Showcase:
Winter Showcase: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 3:30 p.m.
Finale Showcase: Saturday, June 6, 2020, 6:30 p.m.
6-hours per week. Additional hours for performance times.
Acceptance by application and an audition.
Take four 1-hour classes per week with one class being ballet. Additional classes available.
Attend one 2-hour Company class per week.
Perform with the company in the December and June In-Studio Showcases.
We do not attend conventions or competitions.
TEEN COMPANY AUDITION
Fall: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Winter/Spring: Saturday, January 11, 2020
1. Submit application August 8, 2019 and/or January 9, 2020 by 5PM.
2. Check-in at registration on the day of the audition.
3. Warm-up and stretch on your own prior to starting the audition.
4. Learn and perform across-the-floor exercises and a short combination.
5. Present a 30-second to 1-minute dance in the style of your choice (tap board required for tap). Please bring your music on your phone, laptop or other digital player that must have connection to 3.5 mm round plug to connect to sound equipment.
Audition Dress Code
Jazz (may include other styles): Fitted clothing only. Jazz shoe or similar.
Demonstration: appropriate for the style.
REQUIREMENTS AND POLICIES
School Year Class Enrollment and Attendance Requirement
1. Must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 classes per week (1 class must be Ballet).
2. Must attend weekly Company class.
3. Company members may be required to attend masterclasses and workshops.
4. Company members are required to attend a minimum of 70% of all enrolled classes and company classes to be in “Good Standing”. Company member whose attendance is below 70% may be suspended, terminated or placed on probation, as determined by the Directors.
1. Company members are required to re-audition for Teen Company.
Mandatory Company Rehearsals and Performance Dates
The company performs at each In-Studio Showcase and other nearby community performances.
1. Company members must be in “Good Standing”. Company member whose attendance is below 70% may be suspended, terminated or placed on probation, as determined by the Directors.
2. Company members are required to be in attendance when new choreography is being taught. Absent members may forfeit their opportunity to participate in the production in part or whole.
3. Company members are required to participate in the In-Studio Showcases. Members are required to attend ALL rehearsals during the 2-week period prior to any performance. This includes regular, staging and technical rehearsals.
4. Winter showcase: Sunday, December 8, 2019. Show 3:30P. Call time: TBA
5. Spring showcase: Saturday, June 6, 2020. Show: 6:30P. Call time; TBA
6. Company member to the best of their abilities will participate in additional nearby community performances that may occur form time to time.
1. $75 one-time costume fee.
2. Company costumes must be cared for and returned as directed. Failure to return costumes may result in a replacement fee.
Fees and Payments
There are 9 scheduled payments due from September through June for class and company fees, excluding costumes.
Annual Individual registration Fee: $40
Annual Family registration Fee (2 or more dancers): $40 first dancer, $15 per additional dancer
10% Tuition Discount for yearly tuition paid in full at the start of the school year.
Drop-in Class: $18
6300 Romaine Street, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90038
P: (323) 962-7733
© EDGE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER All rights reserved. ® Registered trademarks the "e" logo, EDGE Performing Arts Center; Salesmark, "L.A.'s Dance Center".