Irene Rubinsky, YT Program Manager
TEEN COMPANY is elite training in specialized technique and performance classes, plus rehearsal for original and repertory production numbers that the company will perform throughout the year. It is a higher level of commitment with training in four weekly courses, and a two-hour company class where company members have the opportunity to interact and get more feedback from the best teachers and choreographers in Los Angeles.
We’re serious about training because today’s challenging choreography requires dancers to have a higher level of abilities and strength. This is why company members take a minimum of four classes per week with one class being Ballet, plus Company class. With enrollment and attendance requirements their multi-style training meets our high standard and gives dancers the time needed to build strength and polish their performance abilities.
Yearly performances include our In-Studio Showcase (December, June), the annual EDGE Show (July), and nearby community performances.
We do not attend conventions or competitions.
TEEN COMPANY AUDITION
Held in August and January
AUGUST 18, 2018
Be prepared to learn a combination. Present a 30-second to 1-minute dance in the style of your choice (tap board required for tap). Please bring your music on CD, phone or similar player (must have connection to 3.5 mm round plug).
Thursday, August 16, 2018 by 5PM.
Audition Dress Code
Jazz (may include other styles): Fitted clothing only. Jazz shoe or similar.
Demonstration: appropriate for the style.
REQUIREMENTS AND POLICIES
School Year Class Enrollment and Attendance Requirement
1. Must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 classes per week (1 class must be Ballet).
2. Must attend weekly Company class.
3. Company members may be required to attend masterclasses and workshops.
4. Company members are required to attend a minimum of 70% of all enrolled classes and company classes to be in “Good Standing”. Company member whose attendance is below 70% may be suspended, terminated or placed on probation, as determined by the Directors.
Summer Class Enrollment and Attendance Requirement
1. After a 2-week break following the conclusion of the school year, company members are required to continue with classes and company class similar to the school year.
2. After the annual show, the company is released until the new school year.
1. Company members are required to re-audition for Teen Company.
Mandatory Company Rehearsals and Performance Dates
The company performs at each In-Studio Showcase, the annual EDGE Show and other nearby community performances.
1. Company members must be in “Good Standing”. Company member whose attendance is below 70% may be suspended, terminated or placed on probation, as determined by the Directors.
2. Company members are required to be in attendance when new choreography is being taught. Absent members may forfeit their opportunity to participate in the production in part or whole.
3. Members are required to attend ALL rehearsals during the 2-week period prior to any performance. This includes regular, staging and technical rehearsals.
4. Winter showcase: Sunday December 2th 2018
5. Spring showcase: Saturday June 1st 2019
6. EDGE Show: Thursday July 18th, Friday July 19th and Saturday July 20th 2019
7. If community performance dates conflict with company member schedule they may not be included. Performance dates provided as early as possible.
1. Company members may be required to pay costumes fees.
2. Company costumes must be cared for and returned as directed. Failure to return costumes may result in a replacement fee.
Fees and Payments
There are 10 scheduled payments due from September through June for class and company fees, excluding costumes.
Annual Individual registration Fee: $40
Annual Family registration Fee (2 or more dancers): $40 first dancer, $15 per additional dancer
10% Tuition Discount for yearly tuition paid in full at the start of the school year.
Fees per 4-week billing cycle, 10 payments:
4 Weekly Classes: $240
5 Weekly Classes: $290
6 Weekly Classes: $336
7 Weekly Classes: $378
8 Weekly Classes: $416
Teen Company Class: $75
Drop-in Class: $17
6300 Romaine Street, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90038
P: (323) 962-7733
© EDGE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER All rights reserved. ® Registered trademarks the "e" logo, EDGE Performing Arts Center; Salesmark, "L.A.'s Dance Center".